
I picked this up for my scary read, but it wasn't very scary. I should've guessed that from the film, really, but I don't remember it. (Lois Duncan wasn't much of a fan of the film either, I read somewhere). My rubbish memory made for a nice read, because I couldn't remember anything that was going to happen.
Whether or not you've heard of Lois Duncan, you will recognise some of her work: Summer Of Fear, Daughters Of Eve and, of course, I Know What You Did Last Summer. I'm sure we've all watched the latter at some point, even if we don't remember, which is why I've chosen this one as the famous author I've never read.
Lois Duncan passed away just two months ago, June 15th, at the age of 82. Her YA fiction appears to have been pretty popular with the kids in the 70's and 80's, who enjoyed some female lead thrillers. She's left quite a legacy of work behind her, from what I saw on her Wikipedia page (not all my info comes from there; I read her obituaries on The Guardian and New Yorker sites, they're worth a read), and if her other books are similar in length to this one, it shouldn't take long to get through her catalogue.
Lois Duncan is also known for a book entitled Who Killed My Daughter? Lois Duncan's daughter was murdered in 1989. This is about her own investigation into the tragic incident.
I haven't really written anything about I Know What You Did Last Summer, but it's not a long read, and it's not a bad read. So why not honour Lois Duncan's life and career by checking out some of her work. Or you could just watch it. Halloween's just over a month away.
You could also try to think of something scary for me to read.
You could also try to think of something scary for me to read.
